1.29.2013

Tuesday Tunes - Two New Instant Favorites

Hello everyone. It's a very exciting week for me musically, as it should be for you also! Two great album released today.
 
 


 

Local Natives - Hummingbird
Finally, a sophmore album that rivals the first.  Hummingbird, in one word, is beautiful.  It's that simple.  If you've watched a live video of these guys you can spot that they all sing together in harmony pretty well.  This album has that same Local Natives feel, just a bit more refined.  It seems like they are taking another step with their music and that's always nice to see.
 
 
 
Sleeping At Last- Darkness
This is an EP, but it's a part of something much larger (which you can read about here).  Ryan suggests that when you listen to this album for the first, you do it with your eyes closed and in a dark room.  I didn't do this, but I will when I eventually get the chance.  Ryan is one of my favorite songwriters because of honesty and attention to detail. He enjoys using a lot of different instruments, especially the strings (which usually our Friend Jeremy Larson plays).  I really think that helps keep his stuff refreshing and new.  I'm excited for this album and the entire Atlas project.  Now, if only I could get him to play at our wedding...  Enjoy, Brian

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the LN album! Bummers they are sold out all weekend (here) in NYC. Crossing fingers for summertime ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Local Natives album is so, so good! One of the guys from The National produced it, so you can hear that sound heavily throughout it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Breakers' is a great upbeat tune. A band who can harmonize well makes me happy. I followed the suggestion to listen to 'Sleeping at Last' with my eyes closed in a dark room. Appreciating the attention to detail, I really enjoyed how the vocals snuck in to the song. Thanks for introducing me to a couple new bands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the music you post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!