1.08.2013

Tuesday Tunes - Blend of Old & New

Hello everyone.  I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.  I know mine were pretty great!  I haven't been able to go out and find as much music as I wanted to over the holidays so this is a blend of new music and stuff I've been listening to for a long time.

The Lumineers- Self Titled
This a great indie/folk album.  It's got handclapping, gang vocals, and soothing guitar which is pretty much all I could ever ask for in a folk album.  I especially like "Classy Girls."
Anathallo- Canopy Glow
I've been listening to these guys for quite a few years now, and I know they were pretty popular in the indie scene for a long time.  One of their members is actually currently in the band Fun.  They're had great musicianship, and were really great at writing heartfelt songs.  As far as I know they broke up a few year ago which is kind of a shame.
The Appleseed Cast- Low Level Owl
I've been a bigger fan of the music from these guys over the vocals and lyrical content.  I think it's because it can go from some intricate guitar to slow and simple in a heartbeat.  It makes it fun not knowing what's going to happen next.  -Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!