1.02.2013

Thoughts on Wedding Registries

One of the most exciting things about getting married (in my book) is nesting.  As I mentioned in this post Brian and I have collected a lot of vintage furniture and dishes to maximize spending & wedding gifts.  Even though he have furniture and dishes registering seemed overwhelming since we need a whole house of stuff!  Where do you start? With saving still in mind we came up with a strategy for registering.  I googled a lot, then we began with this checklist and unchecked anything we thought was unnecessary.  I also asked my mom what kitchen stuff was necessary since she loves cooking.  That took LOTS off the list.

We went to Crate and Barrel first, but at Target we were really surprised!  They had 80% of the things we registered for at Crate and Barrel, so we chose just Target.  We only chose stuff we absolutely loved at Target, so we decided to do a Registry 360 online too.  It's a The Knot website and you can register for something that's on any website with an applet (just like pinning to pinterest).  It consolidates other registries on there including Amazon, Macy's, etc.  Ours has stuff from Modcloth apartment, Amazon, stuff I've loved on Pinterest, and other random decor things.  I hope this helps some other engaged couples :)  -Mallory

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Mallory! I just recently got engaged myself and love being able to see your wedding plans thus far! I loved your post about wedding gift registry. Especially since I've been pretty confused as to what to register for. Great tips!
    - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your insight here! Can't wait to see more of your wedding details! Any chance we'll be able to take a peek into your wish list?

    - Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!