6.26.2012

Tuesday Tunes- Brian's Summer Songs

 Hello again.  I am back after taking off last week for my birthday.  I must say, it was one of the most blessed birthdays I can recall.  Mallory's parents ordered in my favorite pizza from Chicago, and her mom made me a cake with the face of America's hero, Ron Swanson.  Tuesday night one of my friends showed up with an armful of gifts that included a Midi Keyboard, software, Sustain Pedal, and a pair of Shure headphones.  It was all from a group of about 8 friends, and I must say I was completely blown away by it.  It was one of the best moments of my life.  I have amazing friends & family.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and get in to it.  When I discover a new album, I tend to listen to only that one album for about a month straight.  I've never had a problem with it, as it allows me to really get a feel for the music and get a breakdown of everything from the lyrics to each instrument. Recently I made a summer playlist of 18 songs, and just like a regular album, I can't seem to stop listening to it.  I'll give you a few songs off it that I'm specifically enjoying to help you start your own summer playlist.

First is Person L's "The Positives."  Kenny from The Starting Line is in this band as well as Vacationer.  I'm a sucker for that era of music and always find myself falling for those musician's new bands.  I'm under the impression that this song is about the people who he shared the stage with during The Starting Line and the transition from that to something new.  There's one line specifically that stands out to me, "We should all become ourselves."  I think it's about realizing who you are, and how you need to live in that vein.


The second song is Pomegranates "Pass Away."  I don't know how anyone could listen to this song, and not instantly want to dance around like a crazy person.  The Poms are a band from around the Cincinnati area, so I've been able to see them quite a bit.  They put on one of the best shows!  This is the type of song you should listen to when you first rise from bed in the morning.  It's like musical coffee.


The last song up here is from Steve Aoki, Kid Cudi, and Travis Barker, basically 3 of the best dudes out there.  Steve Aoki is a genius who just destroys dance music, Cudi is my favorite hip hop artist, and Barker is surely one of the best drummers of my musical generation.  This video is a little weird, but the song is so rad.  I wanted to use the word "dope" there, but figured Mallory wouldn't approve it.



These are just some of my summer go-to songs.  What screams summer playlist to you?  -Brian

3 comments:

  1. Pomegranates - seriously good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man but that steve aoki/kid cudi/travis barker song IS dope. no other words. one of my favorite collaborations this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian! Love your musical taste!! Thank you for sharing these songs - definitely adding to the summer playlist I started yesterday. and Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!