3.31.2012

Studio Progress

 My mom and I have been painting, organizing, and donating up a storm lately.  We decided to move the old art studio from a spare bedroom into a large unused basement room where it will be next to the sewing room.  Effectively we be combined 3 rooms into one much more organized space.

 We have done a lot of stopping at craft stores, Target, Ikea, and Walmart searching for organizational containers.  We found everything we needed except a good pencil holder.  They were either small, expensive, or a carousel.  I guess we're picky!  So, the other day I picked up this bamboo placemat and black foam core for a total of $6.  I did some measuring, cutting, sanding, and hot gluing to end up with this skinny divided pencil holder.  Yeah!

 We're pretty excited about the progress.  All that's left is a bit more load in, painting an old table, and building our cutting table.  Woo Hoo!

Love Mallory & Darlene too!

6 comments:

  1. I really like your brilliant idea for a pencil organizer! Cheap and cute!
    I can't wait for the day when I'll have a space dedicated to my sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these photos are great! I don't have any space where I can put all my crafting supplies, and these photos make me miss that! I love your fabric collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pencil holder. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm a little bit jealous! I definitely need to learn to be arty or crafty so I can justify having a studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those prismacolor markers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually AD Markers. They last way longer and have much more color saturation!

      Delete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!