3.14.2012

Adventures with Brian- Vintage shopping in Springfield

I just found these photos from when Brian and I visited Springfield a month ago.  After having breakfast at Gailey's we headed out to my favorite vintage stores in town like Funtiques and ended up at Relics, which I had never been to!  It had some of the midcentury and sewing things I always look for as well as the industrial and vintage military things Brian loves.

Brian ended up buying some beautiful bentwood auditorium chairs.  I bought some cute puzzles (girl directly above and a boy), a few small things, and a vintage Star Wars shirt for my nephew!  Sadly I had to leave that giant mint desk and the metal Barbie Thermos.  Broke my heart.


 Later that night was the goodbye party at Red Velvet for the Denbows.  It was nighttime and none of my pictures really turned out fantastic, but I had to post this one with my girl Missy.  I really, really enjoyed working with her & having conversations with her every night last summer at Red Velvet.  She's in Korea now teaching kids English.  How amazing is she?!

Love, Mallory

5 comments:

  1. Mallory! I saw those boy/girl puzzles there on my very last trip and was SO close to buying them for the kids! It's so fun to know you got them and that we both have great vintage taste. ;) Ha! That mint desk would've been lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funtiques just moved to an even better location, next to the Moxie! You need to come back and visit so you can see it! <3 Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah look at all those bear books! Looks like a fun thrifting day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy altered my coat! And she did it in one day. She's awesome and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually bought that hutch in the lower left photo of your group of 6 pics. It was too gorgeous to pass up! And one of my friends is in Korea now teaching english too. I wonder if they're at the same place?!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!