6.17.2011

wardrobe- Trend Edition: Long Hems

outfit- trends: long

sunglasses: vintage hand-me-downs
dress and belt: thrifted vintage
wedges: Payless (and amazingly comfy)

outfit- trends: long

outfit- trends: long

outfit- trends: long

outfit- trends: long
Photos: thanks mom.  She always captures real smiles :)
Makeup: Lovely neighbor Jill.  eyes- MAC, Expensive Pink, lips-Urban Decay, Naked

Ah, yet another installment of my trend series (1st post).  This time around I'm talking about longer hems.  This trend has evaded my camera for some reason.  I've worn long skirts 2 or 3 times recently and never had time for photos.  Moral of the story is that long hems really aren't that hard to wear!

You don't have to be a tall lady, like I am, to wear these.  Trust me, my legs are relatively short.  I will say that some huge wedges or pumps never hurt to extend the legs to look just a bit longer.  Try bringing the waist up to the natural position or just below to really make a nice long legline.  If the hem hits the floor and you have a high waist then you're looking super leggy anyway.

See, easy peasy.  Just give it a try.  If it looks awful then oh well, keep a right above the knee hem!

xo, Mallory

5 comments:

  1. I have always stayed away from lint hems bc I thought it would make me look short but this look may change my mind! It looks great ok you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! Your mom should take your pictures more often... they're lovely!

    www.littlemisslovelyvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about that dress. The color, the stripes, the length!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your dress!! I'm a huge fan of longer hems, too - I hate feeling like I'm wearing something that's too short, and can relax and enjoy dresses/skirts more when they're a bit longer. I'm petite (5'1"), so I have to be careful about where my hems fall (most of the time they're too long). I just got a pair of Blowfish wedge shoes that make me feel super tall and will be fun to wear with longer hems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove this dress! I am in love with knee to ankle hems - anywhere in between. Even the awkward and hated tea length. But now I am obsessed.

    Also, I love the pink eyeshadow. I've been wanting to try that for a while now and it looks really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate and read every single one!